“The Legislative District 10 residents are my neighbors and friends, I regularly talk and work with people whose political positions do not mirror my own. Yet, we can always agree to disagree without being disagreeable toward each other. I will always put the needs of people before politics. The people can trust me to always listen, be fully transparent, represent their interests and strongly advocate for them.
I am a constitutional and fiscal conservative with 30 years of practical business experience who will respect your rights and resist Democrat’s efforts to increase taxes, regulations, and government mandates.
My opponent missed 48 votes in the 2019 legislative session, and he missed 104 votes in the 2020 legislative session. Do you feel Represented when your Representative misses 152 votes?
My opponent was instrumental in enacting state-required comprehensive sex education beginning in Kindergarten (CSE Curriculum). He also voted for11 tax increases in the last two years (including gas taxes, B & O taxes, & property taxes). I am against this legislation.
I will fight the ongoing attempts to eviscerate our Constitution and will stand up for property owners. I strongly support the U.S. Navy and NAS Whidbey as vital to our national security and regional economy.
Decades of one-party rule in Olympia continues to erode our individual liberties as the majority party expands government, increases taxes and attempts to circumvent public information laws while imposing dangerous freedom-threatening rules.
The ruling party has been co-opted by the most radical elements and despot legislation reflecting identity politics and virtue signaling. They have been ineffective in addressing real problems, like homelessness, drug addiction and crumbling infrastructure.
I humbly ask for your vote and promise to listen to you and carry out your wishes in Olympia as I work hard to best represent your values in Island, Skagit and Snohomish counties.”
Bill Bruch grew up in Bellevue, WA in a family where he was the oldest of three boys. In his youth Bill enjoyed sports playing as an All-Star in football and baseball, also had fun on the Newport High School golf team and on the US Sailing team; in 1989 he won the Bronze Medal in the Laser class at the Washington State Centennial Games.
Bill became a Realtor in 1985 and in the early 1990’s was a member of the Eastside Young Republicans and became involved in politics. Bill describes himself as both a “Constitutional” and “Fiscal” Conservative. He moved to Skagit County in 2000 because of the rural lifestyle and incredible scenic beauty.
Bill has 30 years of business and management experience with a diverse background in careers, including owning a photography business and is currently a business owner in commercial and residential property management. Remaining active in politics, Bill was a La Conner Town Council member and is the current Chair of the Skagit County Republican Party.
“I have been a full time Property Manager for 10 years. When I began in La Conner in the year 2010, 70 % of the properties I took over were vacant, in a year and a half I was able to fill all the spaces (about 20 tenants in 4 buildings). Currently I manage properties in Alger, Anacortes, Burlington, Fidalgo Island, La Conner, Mount Vernon and Sedro-Woolley (about 50 tenants total). I represent several ownership groups, do the bookkeeping, leasing, etc. The properties I manage are a mix of Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Agriculture and Rural-Reserve.”
- 2017-Present: Owner, Bill Bruch Property Management Inc. – Commercial and Residential Property Manager/Project Manager serving Skagit County
- 2010-2017: Commercial and Residential Property Manager, La Conner, WA
- 2010-2012: Owner/Photographer, Salish Sea Gallery, La Conner, WA
- 2008-2015: Night Shift Manager, Hotel Planner, La Conner, WA
- 2006-2007: Yacht Broker, ABC Yacht Charters & Sales, Anacortes, WA
- 2001-2006: Estate Planner / Manager, Washington Estate Planning, Inc., Shoreline, WA
- 1992-2001: Estate Planner, Secure Benefits Group, Kirkland WA., Omley / Keenan, Woodinville, WA
- 1985-1991: Realtor, Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate, Prudential Real Estate, Bellevue, WA
- 1985: University of Washington, Seattle, WA (Business)
- 1983-85: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA (Liberal Arts, Business)
- 1983: Graduate of Newport High School, Bellevue, WA (Honor Student)
- Licenses: WA State Life Insurance/Series 6, Mykut Real Estate School, Bellevue, WA
- 2017-Present: Skagit County Republican Party Chairman (two terms)
- 2017-Present: Washington State Republican Party State Committee Member, By-Laws Committee Member (current)
- 2017: Association of Washington Cities Small Cities Advisory Committee Member (award recipient)
- 2016-2017: La Conner Town Council Member, Mayor Pro Tem, Parks Commission Member, Park & Port Committee, and the Utilities Committee. Helped to develop and approve La Conner’s budgets
- 2016-Present: Republican LD 10 PCO #801, Republican LD 10 Precinct Captain #129
- 2016-Present: Volunteered for Barbara Bailey LD 10 State Senate, Norma Smith for LD 10 State House, Dave Hayes for LD 10 State House, Bill Bryant for Governor; Campaign Manager for Michael Petrish 40th LD State House, Chairman of the Skagit County Ted Cruz for President Campaign, Vice Chair WA State 2nd Congressional District Ted Cruz for President Campaign
- 2016 / 2020 Washington Republican State Convention Delegate (Platform Committee Member)
- 2016: Washington State Republican National Convention Delegate
- 2015: La Conner Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Chair (and Member 2014)